Friday, December 18, 2015

Day Four

Now that I understand the routines, the work seems more straightforward. The day flies by with lots of patients. 

I took on four new patients today and discharged two. I see problems that are no longer seen in Canada because we have such a good immunization system. For instance, today one of the new patients is a 10 year-old boy with bacterial meningitis. This problem is now rare in Canada. Worse, the boy already has hearing loss in his left ear. Ouch! This usually means the hearing will not come back in that ear. He was very sick this morning and less sick late this afternoon.


The photo above shows my sleeping arrangements. The mosquito net above the bed fell onto me the first night and I replaced this with the mosquito net that I brought. The room is clean. The bed is flat and firm, which works for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment